10.13.2006

Way too much fun ~




Beckah Krahula is a total joy to be around... and taking one of her classes was another highlight of my week at Art and Soul. She is energetic with boundless passion for this artform - repousse or embossing on soft metal. Bleary-eyed at the end of a two day workshop, I have been bitten by the bug to do more of this interesting metalwork.
The heart (about 4" long) was a warm-up exercise that I think will eventually be part of a small journal cover.
The book is 5 x 7 with a tooled cover, spine and back. The picture on the front cover is a "faux tintype" of a window in an old Paris corset shop! These tintypes are so much fun to make and even this "transfer-challenged" gal managed to make something presentable!
It has a simple criss-cross ribbon binding and is filled with plain black pages just waiting to be journaled on!
Thanks, Beckah, for your infectious enthusiasm!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

OKay I am totally "WOW-ed"!! That is gorgeous!! I am trying to reach my hand through the screen to touch it. I would love to learn THAT!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb!!! GOrgeous!!!!!!! :)

Saturday, October 14, 2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

HOLY MOLY! That is just awesome. Looks like you were well rewarded for the work. Would love to see it in person!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Deb! It was such a pleasure meeting you at A&S!

Monday, October 16, 2006 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Maija said...

I love Beckah and I have made the same puffed heart!! She is so lovely and inspiring....I'm taking a class from her at Art & Soul! You book is to die for!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

oh I have been dying to learn more about this ! lucky you. And now you tell me it is like being bitten and you want more....ohhhh ! I cna't wait to know more.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb-

What a fantastic book and beautiful metal handiwork! Yee Ha!

I wanna see more.

Deb

Friday, October 20, 2006 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger TMTW said...

How do you do that?!! Wow Deb! I'm totally impressed at your talent!

Saturday, October 21, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jungle Jane said...

Wow your art is wonderful...I especially loved the book cover.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home