9.22.2006

Brimfield find...







Those of you out there that are not familiar with the Brimfield (Massachusetts) Antiques Market are missing out on one of the most entertaining events in the state. Thousands of antique dealers bring their goods and sell for one week, 3 times a year, in tents along the main street of a lovely New England town. It can be quite the circus! I try to attend at least once a year, just to poke around and search for unusual pieces that could be used in my artwork. This time I happened upon this tintype - it stopped me in my tracks - the dealer thought she was probably one of the most "facially challenged" tintypes he had seen in a long time - lol! So of COURSE she had to come home with me!! I will have to think long and hard about where she will eventually end up!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!! She's GORgeous!!!! ;)

Friday, September 22, 2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

That's a hoot! Looks like someone stole her teeth!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I am so jealous!! The not your run-of-the-mill tintype is a true treasure and to be able to shop at Brimfield? Priceless!
Crystal

Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

OMG! Love this! LOL Man her belt looks cinched so tight...must have sqeezed her teeth right out!

Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

oh man!!! I just laughed out loud!! I think she looks like Emmet Kelly's mother!!!!!!! Ask me if you don't know who that is........ HILARIOUS!

I have read about Brimfield.....I am JEALOUS! Sounds like a road trip needs to happen some day!

Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Shari Beaubien said...

The woman in your tintype is just THE BEST!! Such Character (with a capital "C")! Please do share with us what you eventually create in her honor!! Hugs, Shari

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger vicci said...

Oh Deb...How PERFECT is this!!!!!! Love it!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Love her face!

Friday, September 29, 2006 5:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home