8.20.2006

Obsession


You must excuse my present obsession with gesso. A studio staple that I have only used in the past for priming canvases (and I also use it on beeswax collages!) ... for whatever reason I can't get enough of the stuff. So if all of my artwork looks more than vaguely familiar for the next few days (weeks, months - lol!!) - please cut me some slack ....I am under a spell!! The dog, however, is not quite so forgiving (as I furiously scrub a large splotch off his cute little Pug nose!) Sorry, Moose!
Photo: 5x5 calendar cover for round robin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I keep forgetting to use the gesso,,but you have inspired me now. You do such lovely art, Deb!

Monday, August 21, 2006 6:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cover is sooooo gorgeous. I simply adore bird egg images and the clock is perfect with them.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Gorgeous! I love this cover. . .it is so beautiful!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Judy Wise said...

I love the gessoed pieces too. I dont think it is an affliction that you ever recover from. Why should you? Love the gesso!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home