6.20.2006

Legacy





Recently I became the very lucky recipient of these two tintypes. One is a portrait of my great-great grandmother Emma and the other is my great grandmother Fanny with two unidentified cousins. They were both badly scratched and I have tried cleaning them up a bit with Photoshop, without losing the integrity of the originals. I plan on making necklaces using the photos and some optical lenses for my sister , cousin and myself. Can't help but wonder what these women were like... I've been told they were both very independent and strong women with mischevious streaks!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are priceless! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen Robinson said...

Oh Deb these are treasures to be sure I love them!!!!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Maija said...

You are so fortunate to possess such treasures!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mauricio said...

Hi Deb,

Very nice history, you will make a wonderful artwork. I´m sure.

see you.


M.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger vicci said...

wonderful Deb....These are great!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

These are so wonderful and that they are actually your relatives - makes them so special !

I dont know for sure but I wanted to tell you...I remember my family keeping the tin types very safe because the sunlight damages them....so you might .. I dont know ? Definitely get copies .

IN an issue of Cloth Paper Scissors there was an article on transferring images to metal.I dont' know ,I was just throwing things out there because these are GREAT old pieces!

blah blah blah..going now !

REally loved going thru your site !
See you again.
Love, S.

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home