6.11.2006

Background gone wrong...



The day started with good intentions. I planned on making several background papers for future projects and had some very specific ideas for color schemes and design. "The best laid plans"..... I was so unhappy with the way they were turning out, I tore them up and sent them to the "circular file". At which point they suddenly transformed into something totally new and this collage was born. Oh, how I love buttons!!

I also wanted to try altering some cabinet cards (thank you Maija!!) and came across this old card that I had tucked away - actually almost threw away - as being totally uninteresting. New life for the little garcon!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Maija said...

Your cabinet card is beautiful! I especially love the colors you used!
girlz

Sunday, June 11, 2006 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen Robinson said...

These are lovely Deb I cannot beleive they almost met their demise!

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

As I always maintain, there are NO mistakes and no garbage in altered art!! Well done!

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome cab card Deb! The colors are brilliant.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle Muller said...

oh no...never throw away! love this collage! and the cabinet card is wonderful!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mauricio said...

Hi,

Very beautiful work, congratulations


Best regards

Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

I love the cabinet card - what a lovely red!! Yummy colors. And those buttons - swoon!!

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

your guy in the hat is so kool...

the backgrounds on both this and the "throw aways ????"

are gorgeous !

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home