5.10.2006

One of those days...



I was in my studio early this morning, full of ideas for the two 8x10 canvases I am working on for trades with friends. The first, "Open Door", had a mind of it's own and came together quickly. Love it when that happens! The second, "Time", was an experiment using crackle medium, along with a rusting medium for the background. The clock was printed on rice paper and collaged on using Perfect Paper adhesive. All in all I was fairly happy with the outcome - picked up both canvases to take inside and promptly spilled an entire cup of hot coffee all over both of them. After spewing a few unprintable words, I wiped them down and voila! Instant aging! So to whomever ends up receiving these pieces... it's not your imagination... yes, they DO smell like Starbucks!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Robinson said...

I love these they are wonderful! The techniques you used are GREAT. Oh, and coffee scented - well you already know how I feel about Starbucks and my deeep love of the place. These are great!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Deb...these are fantastic!! The techniques you used are so clever and creative. I purchased some crackle medium months ago and have yet to use it. You've inspired me to pull it out and start experimenting with it. By the way, I LOVE the smell of Starbucks coffee...and I'm a big tea drinker (go figure!)

Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wellll these are just awesome!!! Wow!

Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home